Photo

Moongamers Future

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

I just received the bank statement for Moongamers, Inc and it appears we have $31.76 as of the last day of April. I sent Lin a text message to have some money transferred over to cover the next six months of recurring service fees associated with having a business account and that equates to $15/month or a total of $90. I was sent back a message saying we have, as of this moment in time, we have $151.42 in the paypal account. So, what normally happens is this: Our membership sends in money through paypal. We receive that money and keep it in the paypal account. But, some time ago, paypal wanted a bank account to be linked to the paypal account. So, we had to open an account and periodically, we transfer money from the paypal to the bank to cover the monthly fees.

With only $150 in the paypal account, if I were to transfer the $90 to the bank to cover the fees for the next six months, that leaves us with $60 in the paypal account. Our bill is due June 3, 2014 of around $220, plus the survival servers for Dayz, plus the website fees all for a total amount needed of around $400.

We have not been getting that here of late. And that is not entirely abnormal either, but, when we had a much larger community, we could absorb some lean months. These days, we are not in a position to do that. Art of War closing, shortly after they took their $190 fee, was kinda a bum deal and we lost that money. But, that brought our balance down to what it is, and then having to get another box and all. So, here is the deal..

I cannot let the bank account go into default. It has my name on it, and I cannot allow a gaming endeavor to tarnish my otherwise very good credit. So before anything else gets paid, money has to go there. After that, if our gaming fund dries up, it dries up. Currently, our gaming on one box is the 1942 game and day of defeat. We got this box after AoW closed up. We will probably be moving teamspeak to that box, as well as possibly running our own Dayz server on that box should we find a good remote admin tool to do so. But, if they ask for their money and we do not have it, I am sure they will send us a nice note saying you must have overlooked this month's payment. And when that happens, Moon goes bye-bye. I do not have the money to foot the entire bill. Most you you do not have the money to foot the entire bill. So, if we all know the situation, and chose not to spend any money at all on this community, I wish all of you a fond farewell and good luck in your gaming futures.

So, if you got it, consider sending some our way. Currently, we have mint and HeavyGunz who answered the call. I have not, and will correct that shortly, as my cc has expired on my paypal account and haven't gotten off my lazy ass to get it changed. I can't seem to find that damn card to see what the new expiration date is..which is a WHOLE nuther problem..

I have told Lin that as I have been playing Dayz recently..I will cover that. The other game I play, Startrek online doesn't cost us anything to play, so that would work for the Moongamers fleet. Lin would cover the web for forum activities. Not sure what would happen to teamspeak. Day of Defeat, 1942 and anything else would fall by the wayside. And that is where we are friends.

Hate to be bringing this to you guys, but, it seems that people forget that although we are not pay for play, this shit ain't free either. So, there is the current monies situation here at Moongamers..what do you all say..

Oh, and a PS, I really don't want this to be a "I would send it if I could but, I can't because..." If you can't, you can't. There are several that I don't want to see anything from because I know your situation. But, there are others that have it, but, just don't send it..

So, with that in mind, can ya help a brother out?

#2 Lin

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

I just put a roof on the house (with, of course, ancillary costs) and made another unfortunate big purchase this month, but I just sent in some money and will skip some lunches.

This is the lowest balance that MoonGamers has EVER had. That includes our start-up month, when we didn't know where the next month would come from, so folks...this is serious crap. I will once again be spending my weekend consolidating stuff and dropping our costs to around $300 per month but that will be the bare minimum to run this place. NOBODY makes a salary, or makes any kind of money from the donations. They go to pay for the games we play. We remain one of the last 1942 servers left. We have spent many weekends lately consolidating our resources, looking for deals, and trying our best to drop our costs without dropping your games.

Please consider making a pledge to send in a little each month. We can keep this place going...but only with your help.

#3 GoodDayToDie

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Not to mention there will be some sort of change come May 31st. I'm curious to see if BF42 lands on it's feet after GameSpy says< "bye bye".

You got $50 from me guys. Consider it a gift from your neighbors at is82.com
  • Harriet Tubman likes this

#4 BlackMesa Security

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

You got $20 from me. Thanks keeping BF42 alive for all these years. :)

#5 Enforcer

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for both you guys reading and hearing. It does mean a tremendous amount to me personally when other communities are willing to help out THIS community out. I don't really play 42 any more, but, damn, does that game have some staying power. Ten years down the road, and although there are very few, there are still players who play it regularly.

#6 JohnAlan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

I enjoy the moongamers community and would hate it if it disappeared. Keep it alive everyone. You would be surprised at how just far $3 - $5 per member would go. Donate before I come get your tags.

#7 DIRTYWENCH

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the reminder Enforcer. I did almost for get. I really appreciate what you guys are doing by providing a place for us to gather and play games

#8 Wasabi®

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

$50 sent.

#9 Enforcer

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks again guys, it appears we have met this month's goals and exceeded it a little, and that is great. But, remember, anything we take in today, goes towards June, when we may not take in as much. So, if you are just now reading this post, remember, we still need your help. My credit card stuff was worked out and I sent in a little something for this month.

Thanks again for all those that heard the message of my post.

#10 Tarawa/Troutzilla

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

SEMPER FI !!!
  • Lin and Wasabi® like this

#11 Wasabi®

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Looks like we'll be fine next month...thanks, TT!

PS - Sent another $50 and signed up for monthly donation of $50. I don't have much time to play but happy to send.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Wasabi..you rock!

Wow, October of 04..you been around here for a while..

#13 Lin

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

It is hard to express how we feel with this outpouring of caring from all of you. Thank you for helping us to keep going all of these years and especially in the lean times.

You all are so special...thank you!

#14 Wasabi®

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Thanks Wasabi..you rock!

Wow, October of 04..you been around here for a while..

I think I just hit 10 years including the time I wasn't on Forums. Pretty crazy.

#15 CrazyMachine

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

Donated aswell. Aint much but hope it helps. :)

#16 Enforcer

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Think about if 50 people sent in ten bucks...doesn't have to be much, just something. Put a bunch of "ain't much" together and you now have something.

Thanks Crazy for your help this month..

#17 DIRTYWENCH

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

I will be glad to help a little each month when can. I am not always around but it has been a few years of fun

#18 SgtTweek

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'll be able to throw a little extra above my usual monthly at the end of the month.

Even though i usually tag it as a DoD donation, you all can use it how ever you want, of course. :)

#19 Enforcer

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Tweek, given our current state of affairs, we have done away with any specific category of game. It was felt that by having the donations set that way, when say, Day of Defeat was "paid for" people would no longer send in anything after that as there was no need. I think folks forget we have website renewals, bank stuff, teamspeak stuff etc. that cost money but, didn't have a specific category for donations.

#20 DIRTYWENCH

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Tweek, given our current state of affairs, we have done away with any specific category of game. It was felt that by having the donations set that way, when say, Day of Defeat was "paid for" people would no longer send in anything after that as there was no need. I think folks forget we have website renewals, bank stuff, teamspeak stuff etc. that cost money but, didn't have a specific category for donations.

I see. I was wondering where the game contribute button was. That is a better idea tho. You guys do a great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com