It is finally time. Starting on Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12AM EST, we will no longer allow attacking uncapturable bases with armor / airplanes.
We realize that this is a big change and have been advertising the change for many weeks, if not months - the time is finally here.
Please note, INFANTRY WILL STILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTACK UNCAPTURABLE BASES.
For a very long time, we were the last holdout among all global BF42 servers in allowing attacks on uncapturable bases (main attack / base attack / base rape / basecamping or whatever else you call it) as a general policy.
Management has decided that in the interest of server population and keeping the fun in the game, we have no choice but to move in the direction of becoming a "no attacking/camping main bases (uncaps)" server.
The rule will be enforced in two ways:
- Automatically by the server auto-admin (MoonBot aka "Skynet" to some)
You may have already seen warnings in gray text when attacking an enemy uncapturable base using equipment.
You will get an automated (gray text) warning for the first offense, followed by an automatic kill for a second offense and further. The warnings do not reset until the map changes!
- By the admins as has previously been done, if and when necessary.
Please note that the automated warnings / kills are very new and it's more than possible that you will come across a scenario when you get warned / killed when you probably should not have. If this happens, please try to be understanding as this is currently in its early stages. And please notify an admin or post in the forum as soon as possible so we may try to address further issues.
Bring your feedback to Discord (tiny.cc/moon-discord) and the Forums to help us improve the anti-basecamp feature for the benefit of all players.
The full detail of the rule is below.
Thank you for playing on MoonGamers and we look forward to seeing you in game.
New Rule: NO ATTACKING ENEMY UNCAPTURABLE BASE Using ARMOR / AIR
- This rule ONLY applies to Conquest (CQ) maps. CTF is excluded.
- You may not kill enemies in their uncapturable base ("main base") using any form of armor or aircraft (tanks, planes, APC, artillery).
- Infantry is completely excluded including sniping / mining / exppacking.
- You may steal a vehicle, however, you must leave the uncap afterward.
- Planes may kill active artillery / AA in the enemy uncap.
- Planes may kill an enemy plane that is airborne above the enemy uncap.
- Tanks/artillery outside the enemy uncap may kill active tanks/artillery in the enemy uncap if being fired upon.
- Running over players in any vehicle is allowed.
If it's not covered by an exception, it's probably NOT allowed.