Photo

UNABLE TO RUN BF1942

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 majpj

Posted 28 March 2022 - 02:32 PM

AFTER EXECUTING THE BF.EXE I HEAR THE GAME START UP AND I SEE ON THE SCREEN "INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE CHANGE SETTINGS TO 1920X1200-60hZ"

AT THAT POINT THE BRAND NEW DELL XPS8940 i7 freezes. sorry, just noticed caps.  i have to turn pute off and back on get to the settings where i have ability to change from 55Hz to

60Hz however , immediately afterwards i get the same message.

#2 Wasabi®

Posted 28 March 2022 - 02:58 PM

Windows 10? First thing to try would be to run it in Windwos XP SP3 compatibility mode. Right click on the .exe or the shortcut -> "Compatibility" -> Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Also run it as administrator.

Right click on Desktop -> Display Settings -> what resolution is it set to?

Right click on Desktop -> Display Settings -> "Advanced display settings" (2nd last link at bottom) -> what refresh rate is set?

Is this an integrated GPU (looks like it is?)

#3 majpj

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:32 PM

thanks for responding wasabi !!

i am running  a brand new 16 gig memory 11th gen intel core i7 @2.50 ghz (cores 8) [logical processors 16] .

resolution is 1920x1200  refresh rate is 59,95Hz with capability to change to 60 Hz. {however when i change it to 60 hz, , i get the same message

of "input signal out of range change settings to 1920x1200-60hz"

* tried running as administrator and compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 2) : same results .smiley_369.gif

i used to be knowledgeable about computers , but that was 25 years ago. now i know nothing. crying.gif

Big thanks for responding, i sure hope you can help me get this thing worked out.bouncy3.gif

i meant to say (service pack 3)         integrated gpu ?>  intel® UHD Graphics 750

Edited by majpj, 28 March 2022 - 08:36 PM.

#4 majpj

Posted 29 March 2022 - 08:03 PM

i have found my problem. it is no the install of bf1942 , it was my monitor not being able to accept the output of graphics of my new computer. new monitor in mail on way. thanks for all your help. this thread can close. thanks again

• dodgem likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com