Photo

Please clarify "do not use as primary weapon"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Steve2112

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

Got kicked by anger for nading.... ""do not use as primary weapon"

I never once reloaded from an ammo box. I spawned from a bunker....went to take a flag, threw some nades to clear the filed...got wasted by battleship.

Spawned in a bunker....ran out to take the flag bunker...threw a couple nades to clear the bunker field, got wasted by...I don;t know. Wasted.

And kicked.

Yes....some jackhole complained in previous map. But it was MY flag....and I dropped and ran.

In my opinion I was using nades properly. Just because I got killed WHILE FIGHTING FOR FLAGS, that means i have to limit my nade use? I was LEGITIMATELY going for flag caps. Not tossing them out the bunker hiding with an ammo box to reload.

Sorry I don't agree with that. Let me RE-ITERATE!...I was legitimately going for flag, trying to take real estate. Running out of bunker and getting blasted my battleship. All I had was zook to kill tanks.

At least be happy I've made progress and "took it to the forum"? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

#2 Lord of War

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

Using grenades or expacks as a primary weapon would be simply using nothing but grenades
or expacks, practically ignoring the weapon that is in your hand when you spawn (your primary weapon).
Usually Admins don't really seem to mind continual, or borderline excessive
grenade use, as long as you're not going back to ammo boxes after you run out over and over,
or simply standing next to an ammo box and throwing. However, it does depend on the admins judgment
a great deal as well.

• Captain John H. Miller, Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#3 Grassy

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Steve

Thanks for doing the right thing and bringing it to the forums for discussion, the parties involved will be notified for a response.

We appreciate your patronage.

Best Regards,

#4 Angerfist

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

I'm very happy that it took just 3 warnings, several attempts to explain it to you, several lines of you complaining (while you don't even know what is meant with "Don't use grenades / expacks as primary weapons", at least that's what you claim) and a kick before you made it to the forums. Progress.

Anyway :

Definition of grenade / expack spam : Do not use more than three grenades / four expacks in a row against infantry.

Definition of "using grenades / expacks as primary weapons against infantry" : Do not use grenades and expacks as the standard weapon of choice against infantry. Don't use mostly grenades or expacks against infantry.

I ghosted you for a while : spawn ... throw three grenades ... die. Sometimes you were able to fire the bazooka for once before you died. Twice you were actually using a pistol, you used two magazines. In the time I watched you, your grenade vs bazooka shell / bullet ratio was about 3 : 1. Three grenades for every shot. That means that you used primarily grenades as your weapon of choice.

This kind of behavior is not only frustrating for the enemies (at least for those who actually use guns / rifles / pistols / knives),  it also leads to a lot of teamkills (especially when you throw them at your feet when teammates are close to you).

The warning "Grenades and expacks are not primary weapons" is in grey text since months. The warning was used many times in yellow text. Just because it hasn't been enforced strictly doesn't mean that you can't be kicked or even banned for it. The rest of what you mentioned in your post doesn't play any role at all in this scenario.

• Lin, King of the Squirrels, Captain John H. Miller and 2 others like this

#5 Steve2112

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for replying anger. If you will allow me a response...I still have some concerns. Please bear with me. 

In the map before the kick..."Arrogance" (I think that's his name) complained...why? Because he died from me dropping a grenade. Then this long conversation ensued. I was really surprised at the amount of time and support you gave this. It was me that reminded you to "take it to the forum". I will explain more about my tactic in this regard later. 

In the following map....you must have typed in the wrong command; "pete :main" or something like that. I asked you "what?". You typed it in again....I said "I don't know what you mean"...a second query. Don't you think that would have been a good time to say "pete...I'm attempting to kick you for throwing nades"? Then you found the right code :primary.....or something like that. More on my tactic below.

So I do have some concerns that another player's unfair accusation had you single me out. So let me tell you this:

I am pretty good with zook and the light tank. In many maps that's what I gravitate to. ESPECIALLY when I see an enemy team has the tank bases...I will chose the zook...cause I know they're coming. But what comes with a zook? No rifle, right? A good firearm. In the first map with the complaint....I found myself unexpectedly faced with an enemy (arrogance?) in my own flag...and a zook. Not sure what weapons I fired...and yes...I dropped a nade. Typically, as I commented in game, I end up only blowing up myself. I do this frequently when I'm out of ammo or have a slow loading zook.  Then the "discussion" ensued. Even other players were surprised and confused about it...check the log. 

How is this a "primary weapon" abuse? It's not...the player was just mad. 

So this caused you to tail me. Next map....guess what....Yanks had airfield which is also tank spawn base. Guess what I have...a zook. And I have to traverse past at least one other Yank-held flag. So I come out of my flag, and see enemy streaming out of their base. What should I do? Zook them? I'm not THAT good. Pull my sidearm? Sure. No...throw a couple nades, that's what. Just like THEY were doing to ME. As it happens, the Prince took me out in very short order. So, let me try this again I've got to get those tanks coming from airfield, right? So I got blasted again, can't remember what but probably...a nade. 

After checking to see why I got kicked, and making my objection here, I log back into the same map only to see nades still being hurled ALL OVER THE PLACE from that flag next to airfield. Check the log "nades galore" I said. Nades happen a LOT in this map because people stream out of the bunker and it's a good opportunity to catch them clustered. 

Now keep in mind, I'm a big supporter of the rules...and especially "do not use as primary weapon/spam". I've commented many times both in game and here. People do it ALL the time, especially expackers. Not saying because they do it I can too. I am saying that I don't feel that because you watched me try to take a tank base with a zook while going past an outpouring of enemy troops it qualifies as such. I will take a closer look at my nade use, but....there are times when you throw nades. This is one of them. 

From your first response to me, I can tell your attitude toward me is somewhat...biased. If you don't like me, fine. Although I do contend I've made an about face in my game play. I don't expect you to magically trust me overnight, but I don't expect unfair treatment either. Which is what I think this is. I hope my explanation sheds a little bit of light on this unfortunate situation.

#6 Steve2112

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

I also note your comment about "TKing". Let me say clearly that I have to do better with this. I think you told me the other day, "blue is your friend, red is the enemy" or something like that. I totally get your concern in this regard, in that map I think I got you twice. Very embarrassed about that I am sorry. 

IN this map I did have one tk. I was also TK'd at least once maybe twice. My reply? "it's okay, friendly fire does happen in war". It just does. 

I will work on this, it's a problem for me. 

#7 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

you can use nade and expacks after using other gun,  for example, you use your machine gun, got empty,  then use nade.  Same with expacks,  if in a 1 vs 1 fight engee need to use rifle at least once and then pass to xpacks. 

We all know this is one of the most break rule in server.

Nades can be throw to flag area etc to "open path"  though.

#8 Lin

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

The reason this is a rule at all is because in the past few years, new players don't seem to know what their primary firearm is...they have apparently decided that nades and expacks are all that is needed. This is a companion rule to the "spam" rule, and is meant to bring the players back to the skill of the game: using the primary firearm in any given pack. Players don't spawn as engy to use the rifle any more, yet that was the purpose of spawning engy back in the day. That rifle was as good as any sniper in the right hands, even if the bolt action makes it a slower weapon.

In war, grenades are used with a measure of thought. They're not thrown nilly-willy in an attempt to gain a kill. They were used as a strategic weapon, and I don't believe there were numerous ammo boxes or APCs available for reloading your pack when you used the last one.

We're simply trying to redirect new players, such as yourself, to the primary firearm in your pack. That is where the skill, and the fun, comes from in the game, and it is how the developers created it to be played.

And yes, quite often admins will notice rule breaking when it is used against them. Then yes, we will watch to make sure our initial impression is supported before we start to warn, kick and then ban. Some players come with a reputation, some do not, but the ones with the rep will often be given greater attention as they have already been a work project at some time(s) or another.

Finally, you like many before you feel you have been singled out when others are "allowed" to continue with what you perceive to be the same activity. As my dear friend Enforcer has put it: "Today is your day. You were caught speeding (i.e., breaking a rule) and while others are passing at a greater-than-posted speed at this moment, you are the one who has the officer's attention. Today is your day." Later, it will be someone else's day, but trying to redirect the officer's (or admin's) attention away from you and onto the other speeders will not get you out of whatever action is being taken on you at that moment.

• Grassy, Rubulator, Spare Parts and 2 others like this

#9 Steve2112

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

you can use nade and expacks after using other gun,  for example, you use your machine gun, got empty,  then use nade.  Same with expacks,  if in a 1 vs 1 fight engee need to use rifle at least once and then pass to xpacks. 

We all know this is one of the most break rule in server.

Nades can be throw to flag area etc to "open path"  though.

Precisely. Enemy troops pouring out of the bunker we need to take. It just happened that I was blown to bit by the Prince, so I tried one more time. 

I consider the matter closed and will try to be more aware of the situation. 

#10 Rubulator

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

​This is the rule as Its written.

Nada/Expack Spamming Rule:
This is a kickable/bannable offense. We define nade/expack spam as:
1) Standing at the ammo crate and throwing over your allotted three grenades, or allotted four expacks.
2) Running from ammo box to bunker window (or similar), throwing nades/expacks, then running back to ammo box and back to window, etc, multiple times.
3) Spamming is allowed towards amour and must stop once the vehicle is destroyed.

Rules

#11 Steve2112

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hi Rub, thanks for replying in this thread. I think nearly everyone knows what "spamming" is, thanks to the popular and much hated email tactic, the original electronic spam.

The complaint and kick against me was "do not use as primary weapon". It's a bit vague, and I think you have to consider the circumstances and what the player is trying to do before you enforce it. I think the admins mostly do a decent job with discretion with the rule.

I assure you, in that map, in that situation, MANY players are using several nades FIRST.

Not just me.

#12 Lin

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

:deadhorse:

:pix:  :lock: 

• Grassy, Rubulator and Spare Parts like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com