Photo

Editing Pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 BrEEd

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

I read that "Sticky Topic" at the top but I don't think what I was looking for was there. Lets say you have a picture of a score and you only want to post what you have and not the other 32 people or so's scores. How do you edit the pic and make it so your picture is all by itself.

On a side note, I don't have Paint......somehow.

#2 Linux

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:08 PM

I use a free-ware product from www.hotfiles.com called XnView. You can use it to crop and such, which will make it so only the area you want to show will show.

#3 BrEEd

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:11 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

#4 Lin

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:14 PM

That is called cropping a pic. I have some simple programs I use to crop (Microsoft Photo Editor is one) the picture, but depending on the software you use it may or may not be available. Just click on the Help and pull a search for "crop".

What specific editing programs do you use?

#5 BrEEd

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:19 PM

Linux saves the day! Thanks again, man.

#6 Why Two Kay

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

http://www.irfanview.com has a nifty program call Irfanview that will open .tga files (BF screenshots) and crop, edit, and convert them to JPEG. Its FREE and very small.

#7 kaiserD

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:16 PM

nice FH sig there 2kills. tk master...heh

cropping photos is fun, but i suck at it. i just use paint, and the picture gets messed up when i save it as .jpeg - i need a different program but i am too lazy. oh well :D

#8 Linux

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

Linux saves the day! Thanks again, man.

I'll help my fellow penguins any time.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com