Photo

Donations

You me evryone.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 birney

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Hi peoples.

Before you read on this is about donations, as we are very quickly running short of funds. Now before you click 'back' or go off and read something else on the grounds of  'been here before'  please don't.  Over the years I have put a couple of donation posts up. From 'we will close next week'  to the 'price of a burger and fries' This time though I have decided to go a different route and as such a large part of this post will be about 'me' and my time at moongamers.  I may share a few admin secret's within this post and if so..screw it!  As spock said "beam me up scott..."  No wait..wrong one its "the needs of the many outway the few"  This wont be a short read but please bear with me, there is method behind the madness. 

I cant remember the date I joined Moongamers. Yes I know its in my profile and I can check but I have a habit of clicking the wrong thing and loosing stuff like this entire post(twice) lol  The very first time I joined Moonganers teamspeak I did not have a mic. I was unemployed and could not afford one.  Within a minute of joining I heard a female voice saying Hi. It was to me a late night sultry female  radio presenters voice. You know the ones "hello you lonely truckers out there"  It was music to my ear,it was brilliant.  I got to sit in Ts and hear these weird and wonderful accents, mainly american but generally from all over the world. Yet without a mic could not participate. Over the next two weeks I scrimped and saved and got myself a mic. O'k thats a lie I simply waited until my next benefit cheque than bought one.  Not working means you have plenty of time to do none work stuff.  In my case none work meant playing BF42 all day every day without a care in the world.  Back in the day we used to run omaha tdm 24/7 with the ticket count set at 2700 and ff off  This meant long long matches. Many hours of  trying to run the beach and failing miserabally.  Falling of the ship, sniped out a higgins boat, being defgunned or exposed at top of the ramps. Getting to the top of the ramp and finding a tank sitting there waiting for you.  Dropping nades at your feet simply to kill the player who was about to kill you. Being sniped, being run over by a jeep, being tea-bagged. Ticket count 2697, 2698, 2699. 2700. Win loose or draw no matter, re-start, respawn, go again.  Many many hours - nay weeks  -  of fun filled gaming.  All on the same server all at moongamers. I do however have some pride, I do have a ethos. I simply could not sit here playing for 10 hours a day and not try to give something back. The answer was simple,apply for admin. Having said that and looking back get a job,earn my daily crust than donate would have also sufficed. 

Tags within moon are not there simply for tags sake. They are not there to change the colour of a name in the forums to make the forums look colorful, they mean something.  My proudest moment tag wise was not admin, snr or even core. it was reg.  Being recognized for one reason or another by other players,by other regs,by other members of moongamers. We would all like our five mins of fame and being made reg felt like mine. As a admin I cant remember the first person I kicked, the first ban I placed or the the first cheater I caught. Sadly there has been many and goes with the territory alongside giving up much of your gameplay.    Over the past few months there has been a slight increase in posts about admin abuse. Bad kick, bad ban, bad map choice you know the ones. Our admins are players who give up there time their gameplay to hopefully make a better gaming experience for all. Some of our admins are a bit harsher than others, some may kick a little bit quicker than others. Some have great skill in planes or tanks. Some have even better skill at dying.  So please do me a favour,respect that and give them a friggin break once in a while. Four months or so after becoming a admin something weird happened,they asked me to become a Snr admin and a few years later Core, Ohh boy! Respect to others as humans must be given instantly. Yet what people say, do and input can lead to a lesser or higher degree of respect. I wont go into my time as a Snr/core as this is all ready turning into an epic. The 'founders' have all of my respect for moongamers in itself,and how long we have been here. it is something to be proud of. Yet two people have a tad higher respect for reasons that will remain my own. Lin and Section8. 

Over the years I have played BF42, BF2, call of duty, day of defeat source, and Dayz all at Moongamers. With a topping of BF1918, BF3, team fortress and BF2142 thrown in for good measure.  2142 I hear you ask?  Yes I know if I click my heels three times I will wakeup in my own bed. Not this time as it was a real  game and at times keeps me awake at night. After the topping comes coffee, BF star wars, pirates, sheepville. and the oh so great santaland. Yet all these games we have offered, played and have fun in would have meant nothing without one very special component, people   It has always been my dream to come to the USA. In may this year I got to fulfil that dream.  i met Enforcer, I met Yet another corpse and I met the that late night sultry female radio presenters voice.that met me in TS ohh so many years ago, that offered me admin, snr and eventually core aka.Lin!,Now there is a class act.  We did not meet as sprites in a game or voices over TS. They did not try to shoot, nade, tank or tk me, we met as people. Any player I kicked or banned,,people. Any player or issue our admins deal with,people. You, me, us  them, him,her, people. .In my time here be it player,admin,Snr or core I have spoken to or interacted with many..

Lin,Comet,Enforcer,Terry,Warren,USHA, and my long time Snr running buddy Section8,  King of the squirrels,Twilight, Randigar, Captain miller,Posi, Angerfist,Harry trigger,Bullet(bs) Sagittari,Hornet,dodgem hammer, Gunner,Richard, There is no spoon, Redshirt,Escaped mental patient,Rapid fire,xdoublex,spare parts Christine and Coffee assassin(vegas baby!),people!!. Creamzor,Afternoon delight,,No guts no glory, Undead and his son. Evil Len and jojo,Goanna and family. Jon,Joker and Jason bourne.Some girl named cher,Red dragon and that old git smegga.. K8, Luose, Lyals, Lifer, Thomas is ii, Rubulator, Stryper,Solo,Order66,,Mattz and Xperimant4 off on her travels somewhere, and an eight year old girl called michalla who I kicked out of TS. These are off the top of my head and are a very small few.

Yet these people this list,,is my list. Your list the people you have met may be shorter, longer or have differant peramiters.  Lost and lots of people. All from different games, different countries,different cultures with differant gaming styles, taste's, idea's and  opinions. Yet all one way or another came to the same place, Moongamers!  A hobby group,is typically a made up of people with a similar intrest. Be it a youth club, dance troupe, fishing club or gaming community, ours of course is games and gaming. The love of your hobby your intrest will keep you going at it for years. It is however the people you meet and talk to that will keep you going back for more and keep you going past your 'sell by' date. This older fart should have been out the door years ago, yet here I still am. Writing a post about donations simply because of the great people within. Every so often our funds get low, so low infact that we have to put up posts, reminders like this novel. While the games we offer have been the labour of love, and somtimes simply labour.over the years. We do not ask for donations simply so we can all play today and go away tomorrow. We ask so that next week, next month, next year we can all still be here irregardless of tag, as gamers ,as a group, as a community,as individuals.

As People,

Please donate!!

• posi, dodgem, Twilight and 5 others like this

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi peoples.

Before you read on this is about donations, as we are very quickly running short of funds. Now before you click 'back' or go off and read something else on the grounds of  'been here before'  please don't.  Over the years I have put a couple of donation posts up. From 'we will close next week'  to the 'price of a burger and fries' This time though I have decided to go a different route and as such a large part of this post will be about 'me' and my time at moongamers.  I may share a few admin secret's within this post and if so..screw it!  As spock said "beam me up scott..."  No wait..wrong one its "the needs of the many outway the few"  This wont be a short read but please bear with me, there is method behind the madness. 

I cant remember the date I joined Moongamers. Yes I know its in my profile and I can check but I have a habit of clicking the wrong thing and loosing stuff like this entire post(twice) lol  The very first time I joined Moonganers teamspeak I did not have a mic. I was unemployed and could not afford one.  Within a minute of joining I heard a female voice saying Hi. It was to me a late night sultry female  radio presenters voice. You know the ones "hello you lonely truckers out there"  It was music to my ear,it was brilliant.  I got to sit in Ts and hear these weird and wonderful accents, mainly american but generally from all over the world. Yet without a mic could not participate. Over the next two weeks I scrimped and saved and got myself a mic. O'k thats a lie I simply waited until my next benefit cheque than bought one.  Not working means you have plenty of time to do none work stuff.  In my case none work meant playing BF42 all day every day without a care in the world.  Back in the day we used to run omaha tdm 24/7 with the ticket count set at 2700 and ff off  This meant long long matches. Many hours of  trying to run the beach and failing miserabally.  Falling of the ship, sniped out a higgins boat, being defgunned or exposed at top of the ramps. Getting to the top of the ramp and finding a tank sitting there waiting for you.  Dropping nades at your feet simply to kill the player who was about to kill you. Being sniped, being run over by a jeep, being tea-bagged. Ticket count 2697, 2698, 2699. 2700. Win loose or draw no matter, re-start, respawn, go again.  Many many hours - nay weeks  -  of fun filled gaming.  All on the same server all at moongamers. I do however have some pride, I do have a ethos. I simply could not sit here playing for 10 hours a day and not try to give something back. The answer was simple,apply for admin. Having said that and looking back get a job,earn my daily crust than donate would have also sufficed. 

Tags within moon are not there simply for tags sake. They are not there to change the colour of a name in the forums to make the forums look colorful, they mean something.  My proudest moment tag wise was not admin, snr or even core. it was reg.  Being recognized for one reason or another by other players,by other regs,by other members of moongamers. We would all like our five mins of fame and being made reg felt like mine. As a admin I cant remember the first person I kicked, the first ban I placed or the the first cheater I caught. Sadly there has been many and goes with the territory alongside giving up much of your gameplay.    Over the past few months there has been a slight increase in posts about admin abuse. Bad kick, bad ban, bad map choice you know the ones. Our admins are players who give up there time their gameplay to hopefully make a better gaming experience for all. Some of our admins are a bit harsher than others, some may kick a little bit quicker than others. Some have great skill in planes or tanks. Some have even better skill at dying.  So please do me a favour,respect that and give them a friggin break once in a while. Four months or so after becoming a admin something weird happened,they asked me to become a Snr admin and a few years later Core, Ohh boy! Respect to others as humans must be given instantly. Yet what people say, do and input can lead to a lesser or higher degree of respect. I wont go into my time as a Snr/core as this is all ready turning into an epic. The 'founders' have all of my respect for moongamers in itself,and how long we have been here. it is something to be proud of. Yet two people have a tad higher respect for reasons that will remain my own. Lin and Section8. 

Over the years I have played BF42, BF2, call of duty, day of defeat source, and Dayz all at Moongamers. With a topping of BF1918, BF3, team fortress and BF2142 thrown in for good measure.  2142 I hear you ask?  Yes I know if I click my heels three times I will wakeup in my own bed. Not this time as it was a real  game and at times keeps me awake at night. After the topping comes coffee, BF star wars, pirates, sheepville. and the oh so great santaland. Yet all these games we have offered, played and have fun in would have meant nothing without one very special component, people   It has always been my dream to come to the USA. In may this year I got to fulfil that dream.  i met Enforcer, I met Yet another corpse and I met the that late night sultry female radio presenters voice.that met me in TS ohh so many years ago, that offered me admin, snr and eventually core aka.Lin!,Now there is a class act.  We did not meet as sprites in a game or voices over TS. They did not try to shoot, nade, tank or tk me, we met as people. Any player I kicked or banned,,people. Any player or issue our admins deal with,people. You, me, us  them, him,her, people. .In my time here be it player,admin,Snr or core I have spoken to or interacted with many..

Lin,Comet,Enforcer,Terry,Warren,USHA, and my long time Snr running buddy Section8,  King of the squirrels,Twilight, Randigar, Captain miller,Posi, Angerfist,Harry trigger,Bullet(bs) Sagittari,Hornet,dodgem hammer, Gunner,Richard, There is no spoon, Redshirt,Escaped mental patient,Rapid fire,xdoublex,spare parts Christine and Coffee assassin(vegas baby!),people!!. Creamzor,Afternoon delight,,No guts no glory, Undead and his son. Evil Len and jojo,Goanna and family. Jon,Joker and Jason bourne.Some girl named cher,Red dragon and that old git smegga.. K8, Luose, Lyals, Lifer, Thomas is ii, Rubulator, Stryper,Solo,Order66,,Mattz and Xperimant4 off on her travels somewhere, and an eight year old girl called michalla who I kicked out of TS. These are off the top of my head and are a very small few.

Yet these people this list,,is my list. Your list the people you have met may be shorter, longer or have differant peramiters.  Lost and lots of people. All from different games, different countries,different cultures with differant gaming styles, taste's, idea's and  opinions. Yet all one way or another came to the same place, Moongamers!  A hobby group,is typically a made up of people with a similar intrest. Be it a youth club, dance troupe, fishing club or gaming community, ours of course is games and gaming. The love of your hobby your intrest will keep you going at it for years. It is however the people you meet and talk to that will keep you going back for more and keep you going past your 'sell by' date. This older fart should have been out the door years ago, yet here I still am. Writing a post about donations simply because of the great people within. Every so often our funds get low, so low infact that we have to put up posts, reminders like this novel. While the games we offer have been the labour of love, and somtimes simply labour.over the years. We do not ask for donations simply so we can all play today and go away tomorrow. We ask so that next week, next month, next year we can all still be here irregardless of tag, as gamers ,as a group, as a community,as individuals.

As People,

Please donate!!

Well said sir.  Thank you for the reminder and the walk through your history.

#3 King of the Squirrels

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

I agree, Well said Birney :coo:

#4 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

Wow birney, a walk down memory lane. Plus it was a long read,I had to stop and go to the bathroom twice while reading. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: You, me, evryone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com