Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 King of the Squirrels

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi Everyone

I just got my new comp up and running. New ssd drive video card and motherboard and 3770 quad. I running windows 7 pro 64 bit. I love it except it disconnect 1942 after 2- 15 minutes everytime. Help.
Other have had issue with problem before. I was not able to find the majic fix. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

geforce gtx 66o video card
asrock 555 motherboard
intell 3770k
intell 330 ssd drive

#2 Lin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just got mine running, no problems.

Installed game
Patched game
copied over my old pb folder (renamed the "new" one just in case)
Changed desktop shortcut to run as Administrator
Allowed Punkbuster B file (in PB folder) to run as Administrator (right click, choose Properties)
Copied entire (unstarted) BF1942 folder to another location for safekeeping and to shorten reinstall time
Did not copy over custom settings, I'm having to put them back in

Started game...let it run for an hour, no problems. Went in later to observe a player and again...no problems.

Wishing you luck on your hot new system, Cap'n!

#3 King of the Squirrels

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thanks LIN!!!!

#4 Lin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

You are very welcome my friend, but this advice came straight from the Monkey, I was texting with him while I was installing, so I'll pass the thanks on to him. :)

Also, we have a few pb folders running around here in case you need one. :)

Oh, and I think you might also need to run the 1942.exe as Administrator...I still keep getting asked if it's ok to run the game...I just changed that so we'll see how it affects things here.

#5 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

:huh: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO :huh: Window 7 is out already?????? :applaud:

#6 Lin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

:rofl: you crack me up, Harry!

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

:blush:

#8 mexican eskimo

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Also try running it in Windows NT compatability. Mine kept crashing till I put it that way.

#9 DerRaucher

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Just got mine running, no problems.

Installed game
Patched game
copied over my old pb folder (renamed the "new" one just in case)
Changed desktop shortcut to run as Administrator
Allowed Punkbuster B file (in PB folder) to run as Administrator (right click, choose Properties)
Copied entire (unstarted) BF1942 folder to another location for safekeeping and to shorten reinstall time
Did not copy over custom settings, I'm having to put them back in

Started game...let it run for an hour, no problems. Went in later to observe a player and again...no problems.

Wishing you luck on your hot new system, Cap'n!

Dont forget to save the registry-entry with the key.
It is crazy how many having problems with bf under win7.

#10 Matusarense

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I was going to suggest overheating as a possible cause but your system shouldn't even be breaking a sweat running BF1942 so it's unlikely. It can't hurt to check so if you don't already have it try running an app to monitor your temps.

Try CPUID HWMonitor.

#11 King of the Squirrels

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey Everyone

My problem is back. I had to reinstall everything again. Something is still screwed up with windows 7. It fails to update and does random stuff. Games still crashed and I get disconnect at random. I have tried everything listed above. My latest fix is reinstall the lan driver before I play. I have updated everything I can. From motherboard driver and utilities to video drivers to windows updates. Help :wtf:

#12 Matusarense

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hey Everyone

My problem is back. I had to reinstall everything again. Something is still screwed up with windows 7. It fails to update and does random stuff. Games still crashed and I get disconnect at random. I have tried everything listed above. My latest fix is reinstall the lan driver before I play. I have updated everything I can. From motherboard driver and utilities to video drivers to windows updates. Help :wtf:

In that case, and if nothing else is affected, maybe it is your modem or router overheating. I've had a similar problem and the other day it happened again when someone opened the blinds and the sun was shining right on those two units and warming them up. The network was out for about 20 minutes until they cooled down.

I go back to overheating as a cause because you mention it takes a certain time before it happens and it seems to be similar each time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com